Happy Birthday

• Pilot lessons…. Prior to buying my first hot tub in 99, I was going to use the money for lessons, until I saw a crashed Cessna on a trailer traveling down I-44. Seemed like a sign at the time.

I still want to learn how to fly, and have no regrets on getting the hot tubs. It has become more necessity than luxury since then. Yes, I’ve had two since 99, we had a major ice storm in 2006 that took out the old one.

• Happy Birthday Steve.

Umm, what would I want for my birthday?

I would like a fully functional PDP-11, preferably a PDP-11/45 or a PDP-11/70; one of the first computers that I started programming on. I just checked OpenBSD; drats! OpenBSD is not supported on the PDP-11 platform.

Ah, for the good old days, when real computers had lots of blinking lights...

• Happy Birthday Steve.

I would like to wake up on my birthday and have the ability to know exactly what other people want for their birthday. You always want to make people happy on their birthday, and if your family is anything like mine, they always want the same thing: nothing. I know I should pay closer attention to their lives and deduce it for myself, but telepathy would be so much easier.

...and one of these

• I want a 1963 Mustang convertible in mint condition. And, the pretty model to go with it, too. 😉

I am a Mustang guy and did not know about the '63 edition until your post! Amazing the things that you learn on SSC!

I just celebrated my birthday this past week and took a long weekend trip to Northern Minnesota. Instead of checking e-mails, I spent time walking across the Mississippi in Itasca State Park, watching eagles soar and hearing loons call.

I have decided that what I want most is more vacation days!

• Happy birthday, Steve!

My wife and I are living separately because of our aspirations; she is in Miami, FL doing her medical residency, and I am in Ann Arbor, MI building a startup dream (www.intermz.com).

I want my startup to succeed so I can be back with my wife.

---------------------------
    |Ted Pin >>

• agatti (9/12/2008)

I want a great big dumpster and permission to throw whatever I want into it.

Or whoever...

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• More laughter at work. No, not the kind that indicates a nervous disorder or membership in an asylum.

• Where the hell are my manners? Happy Birthday, Steve.

• I want a PS3. I'm too cheap to buy it myself.

Happ Birthday Steve!

• Thanks for all the well wishes. My birthday isn't today, but soon, and I'll come back and read everything.

My wife actually just asked me the other day (in between the editorial creation and today) what should she be getting and I didn't have a good answer. The hot tub would be nice, but still I think I've been lucky and not sure how they could top the great video I got last year. Perhaps I slip a short clip of it in the podcast next week.

• I'd like 20,000 points so I'd be on the top of the list when everyone logs in each day, alright, at least on my birthday 😀

• Happy Birthday Steve

For my 40th this year I did a couple of track days on my motorbike, for my 41st I did mention to the family the posibility of doing the Nürburgring - ha.

Life is about memories not stuff, though my Zen player is cool and my near completed 5TB HTPC will be very fine indeed.

• I happen to drive my dream car (being a 91 Mitsubishi Monter). Its a beater and is putting me in debt keeping it running 🙂 but I have done a lot of work to it (chopped the doors added suspension) and it does exactly what I designed it to do.

So my dream car is not a porche, I am not even sure I spelt that right, but my dream car is any truck that I can build up to be a true offroad vehicle that no one sees coming.

As for my birthday, I agree with steve, while tools are nice, I like to buy them myself. I am going to abuse them and really don't like having others get me something that will probably be broken in a year.

I give myself a day off from work. My birthday is the day after xmas and so often work takes the day anyway, but I always save a day if I need it.

• My birthday is on September 11, now known as 911. I wish I could turn back time and have 911 be just September 11 again.

• I'd have to go for a 4string fretless jazz bass. It's outside of my budget but not absurdly expensive.

For when the time comes: Many happy returns, Mr. Jones.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply