Halt And Catch Fire

• So, has anyone else been enjoying the TV series, Halt And Catch Fire? It's a fictional period drama that follows the lives of a group of computer entrepreneurs in the 1980s. If you haven't seen it, then give it a try.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• I find it amusing when they start fighting over KB of memory 😛 Or the scene where they map a bios 1 clock cycle at a time by hand.

Very entertaining show.

• ZZartin (10/15/2015)

I find it amusing when they start fighting over KB of memory 😛 Or the scene where they map a bios 1 clock cycle at a time by hand.

Very entertaining show.

I recall my first programming job, developing database applications in Clipper and C++ targeted for PCs running MS-DOS with 640 KB of RAM. We were forced to make architectural tradeoffs, like instructing the client to uninstall their mouse driver prior to loading the application, just so it would free up an additional 24k to make room for an additional overlay file. We actually had to go back and re-phrase the text strings in the application, just so the words would consume as little memory as possible.

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply