Growing Your SQL Server Skills without Breaking the Bank

• Alvin Ramard (8/6/2013)

I need to find the time and add a Resource page on our PASS Chapter website listing all of these.

Another good blog is...

http://blog.sqlauthority.com/author/pinaldave/

I need to find the time and add a Resource page on our PASS Chapter website listing all of these.

• Great blog!

I've been doing the same this last year. Reading, watching, testing.

Working great so far, but really miss having someone to brainstorm with.

Posting on forums can be slow going and many answers lead to more questions,

some of which are simple to answer.

Anyone know of any SQL clubs or the like in The Netherlands? (Rotterdam)

A way to avoid getting bogged down in forums with a lot of. "I have the same problem" posts is to append the names of the great bloggers to your keywords.

Don't forget Gail Shaw's blogs.

http://sqlinthewild.co.za/

Jeff Moden and Paul White (SQL_Kiwi) are also names to be reckoned with!

For better, quicker answers on T-SQL questions, read Jeff Moden's suggestions.[/url]

"Million-to-one chances crop up nine times out of ten." ― Terry Pratchett, Mort

• Koen Verbeeck (8/5/2013)

Great overview. I'll refer to this post every time someone asks for free training 😀

Ditto that. Me too!

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• Great article! I would add one more thing... Redgate go to Redgate SQL In the City:-P.

"I cant stress enough the importance of switching from a sequential files mindset to set-based thinking. After you make the switch, you can spend your time tuning and optimizing your queries instead of maintaining lengthy, poor-performing code."

-- Itzik Ben-Gan 2001

• The article links to dba.stackoverflow.com but that should be pointing to dba.stackexchange.com otherwise it goes nowhere.

• Very good article, but I have one comment though.

Possibly most people here know, but for those who don't, it's not dba.stackoverflow.com it's dba.stackexchange.com.

~ Just some guy trying to tune queries ~

• Not strictly SQL related, but since people are listing helpful links, I'll give a shout out for tinkertry[/url] a truly excellent site, esp if you should have the desire to build your own home/lab vm farm.

Geek is as Geek does. :satisfied:

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply