Group Islands of Contiguous Dates (SQL Spackle)

• Wow! Very nice solution Jeff! I'm working on an Agenda-function and one of the requirements is to find a particular number of free timeslots for certain Appointment Types (e.g. First Consult needs 3 timeslots, Follow Up just 1 timeslot). Instead of Date and Days I worked your solution out with Time and Timeslots. I won't go into further details, just want to say thanks! 😀

• Gert.Broekhaar wrote:

Wow! Very nice solution Jeff! I'm working on an Agenda-function and one of the requirements is to find a particular number of free timeslots for certain Appointment Types (e.g. First Consult needs 3 timeslots, Follow Up just 1 timeslot). Instead of Date and Days I worked your solution out with Time and Timeslots. I won't go into further details, just want to say thanks! 😀

I don't know how such things as your post blow by me and then I finally find them years later.  I just want to thank you for the kind words and the awesome feedback that it was able to help you with a different but similar task.  No one can ask for better than that.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Great Article!

I'm wondering if there is a way so missing dates on weekends won't break the date range?

Viewing 3 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply