BEGIN

-- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from

-- interfering with SELECT statements.

SET NOCOUNT ON;

-- Insert statements for procedure here

DECLARE @p_path varchar(25)

DECLARE @cmd varchar(max)

SET @p_path = '\\BI01\PCCLogFiles\'

SET @cmd = '-SQL "RESTORE LOG [PCC-RRDB-CHG] FROM DISK = '''+@p_path + @p_filename+''' WITH STANDBY = ''G:\PCCBackupDONOTREMOVE\Undo_projects.dat'',PASSWORD = ''nothingToSeeHere:)'', DISCONNECT_EXISTING"';

EXECUTE master..sqlbackup @cmd

select @cmd

--EXECUTE master..sqlbackup @cmd;";

END

How can I capture a failure and stop if it fails? Right now it just runs and continues because I'm not looking for any failure notification.

• Are you in the Control Flow using Execute SQL Task, or in the Data Flow using OLEDB Command?

• It's an execute sql task step in the control flow. Sorry, probably should have included that 🙂

• Set up a return value from the SP and add it to the Parameters page as a return value/local variable.

You can then use precedence constraints from that step to determine whether to move on or not based on that return value.

• I guess that's my question, how do I return the failure in the stored proc? Maybe I should just look at return values in stored procs:)

• You could try

ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[udsp_ApplyLogfileToRRDB]

-- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here

(

@p_filename varchar(max)

)

AS

BEGIN

BEGIN TRY

END TRY

BEGIN CATCH

SELECT

ERROR_NUMBER()AS error_number --returns the number of the error.

, ERROR_SEVERITY() AS error_severity --returns the severity.

, ERROR_STATE()AS error_state --returns the error state number.

, ERROR_PROCEDURE() AS error_procedure --returns the name of the stored procedure or trigger where the error occurred.

, ERROR_LINE() AS error_line --returns the line number inside the routine that caused the error.

, ERROR_MESSAGE() AS error_message --returns the complete text of the error message. The text includes the values supplied for any substitutable parameters, such as lengths, object names, or times.

END CATCH

END

• I'm not that familiar with redgate's sqlbackup proc, but if it throws and error you should be able to bubble that error up and handle in SSIS either through a result set or using a specific Return Code. You will need to configure the execute sql statement to accept those return values and on precedant constraint to the next item check the value of that value to ensure it shows success.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply