Gotta love QOD

• Just received a problem where data entry entry was done AFTER the validation step that violated validation rules.  The data entry that was supposed to be done was AANNNNNNNN A = Alpha, N = Numeric.  2 digit Alpha followed by 8 numeric.

This information is on a bar-code.  Just received a call that there was this data entry problem.

I reviewed the data and saw characters outside 0 - Z.  Luckily, I remembered the June 2nd QOD and was able to go to the forum and pull the code for (PATINDEX('%[^0-9A-Za-z]%', FieldX)) > 0 and was able to provide the data quickly.

Yes I know

#1.  Have received a ticket to add validation AFTER validation

#2.  I didn't write it.  (Will be fixing it though....)

Again, Thanks to the site and QOD!

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Wasn't the solution Replicate('[A-Z]', len(@Var))??

• I am sure that was the answer for the question.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to see the answers from the QOD page so off I went to the forums

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• Can't either... maybe your could search the newsletters, or use the search engine... You'd surely have a hit eventually.

• I think that eventually they will have to open that up for searching (QOD answers).  The problem that I had yesterday was to find items that didn't fall in 0-Z 🙂

Have to love the QOD because I remembered the question and was able to search the site to put me in the ballpark

Good Hunting!

AJ Ahrens

webmaster@kritter.net

• The answers are in the books

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/store.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply