Got error when issue cmd line with DTSRun

• We have a schedule job that had been running well until serveral weeks ago. And I found that the error also happens when issue a cmd line with DTSRun. But if I run it manually, it's working fine. The error says below:

"the production entry point SystemParametersInfoI could not be located in dynamic link libary MSDART.DLL"

Has anyone encountered same problme? Please help. I read one related posting but it seems doesn't apply this this case. It says it's due to different version of MSDART.DLL.

Thanks,

Roxie

• when you run it manually are you logged into the server or are you on a workstaion connected via enterprise manager? 

where is the dll file located?

• Hi there,

When I run it manually, I was on a sql server client installed on my desktop.

The dll. files are located at c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\servicePackFiles\i386

Thanks,

Roxie

• when you run it manually it uses the dll on your client.  When it runs as a job it uses the dll on the server.  Make sure the dll exists on the server and is the same version as the one on your client.

• Thanks for your help.

The msdart.dll version on my desktop is 2.82.1117.0 and the version on production server is 2.82.1830.0.  I also check my development server, it also has the same version of 2.82.1830.0 and it's working fine with manually commend.  Do I need to make they the same as version as my desktop one? And how?

I searched the dev. server and found it has msmart.dll on another location (C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\f1915c127b68f23f5487746099ecbec0)which is not on production server. I don't know if this makes any difference.

Thanks a bunch,

Roxanne

• I'm not sure what would happen if you were to change out the file for the one on your desktop.  You might want to try reinstalling the latest MDAC 2.8sp1.  The version of msdart is the same as the one on your desktop.  You could alos check to see if there was a recent update to your mdac about the same time the DTS stopped working and maybe roll it back.

• Here is the solution

http://www.webservertalk.com/message101815.html

JFB

• Hey thanks you all. I got it to work.

I check the OLEDB32.DLL on our production db server under \Program Files\Common Files\System\, the version is 2.80.1022.0 but the OLEDB32.DLL version of our development which is working, is 2.82.1830.0. I copied the OLEDB32.DLL from development to production under the same path, it works fine and I'm able to issue DTSRun from Command Prompt now.

I'm wondering how this could happen only to our production enviroment.

Thank you very much,

Roxie

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply