Good resources on PowerPivot/PowerView?

• I'm learning PowerPivot & PowerView. I have seen some good websites on it (like Chris Webb's site and Marco Russo's website), but I wanted one that starts almost stupid simple. I get databases and T-SQL, but this is totally new to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Pieter

• You tube probably has some good starter stuff. Powerpivot for Excel 2010 book by Marco Russon and Alberto Ferrari. There are obviously newer versions of this but that's the one on my kindle.

Also recommend Chris's book on Power Query.

Also have a look on SQL Bits web site to see if they have any videos.

E.

😎

• I may just spend some AmazonBucks on them. Ferrari's book looks really good. Might have to find some tutorials on MDX too, but one thing at a time.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• I know this is a super old post, but I just thought I would update this a little, in case there's some other person out there in my place.

While Rob Collie's book is terrific, it's not a beginner book. Russo and Ferrari's book, PowerPivot for Excel 2010: Give Your Data Meaning, starts at the beginning, and they walk you through creating all the measures and calculations, which is a huge help. Maybe I'm dense, but I had to slow waaaay down and read it slowly. Definitely a book where you {read, build, test, modify, repeat}. For me, getting my head around evaluation contexts was a challenge, but once you understand that, it gets really interesting.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply