Gone backwards from Service Pack 1

• Hi,

Has anyone seen this....?

We have a set of SQL Server 2008 R2 servers to which service pack 1 was successfully applied. This correctly increased the Build number up to 2500.

This weekend however we installed a windows updates server (WSUS) which applied a series of windows updates which included one (kb2494088) which took the version number back down to 10.50.1617.

If I try to reapply SQLServer service pack 1 is says it's already applied.

Looking in SSMS or doing "select @@version" shows that the version number is 1617.

Comparing the file versions numbers on the DLLs with another instance it appears that I still have the correct files for service pack 1.

Kind Regards,

David

• Here is an interesting discussion on the same matter http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsecurity/thread/447354c8-56df-46b2-a198-abbbecb4b1ff

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
  • I've made some progress - uninstalling and then installing service pack 1 against the instance appears to have fixed it.

(We've also removed the original update from our WSUS server.)

If anyone knows a better solution I would still be interested as I have a number of instances to 'correct'. :crazy:

Regards

David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply