Awesome. 🙂 thank you Kenneth.
1. it will insert 1 record - FROM INSERT INTO
2. it will insert 1 record - But the count in table is 2 - from INSERT..SELECT
3. Iteration1- Inserts 2 records - the count is 4
4. Iteration2- Inserts 4 records - the count is 8
5. Iteration3- Inserts 8 records - the count is 16
6. Iteration4- Inserts 16 records - the count is 32
7. Iteration5- Inserts 32 records - the count is 64
Now this is where I went wrong, actually the #2's GO is the valid first iteration, so it stops at #6 which actually completes 5 iterations. (#7 is not valid)
(so simple and yet I messed up :w00t:)
(Just wanted to say Thank you to all, this is been the best learning experience apart from the regular routine :-))
The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.