Global Variables and Renaming Output Files

• I have two questions:

1. I need to create some global variables (for the question in part 2). But everytime i try and make them something other than a string, it comes back with an error that says "unable to convert from BSTR to (file type)" is this normal? or is there some way around it?

2. I have some text files that i would like to rename. They have a format of file_(date).csv. The date, though, is a special dating system that is found in my database. Furthermore, to get this date i have to run the function to get the current date, then run another function that takes the current date to derive this special date. So if anyone understood what i just said (not quite sure that i did), could you try and help me out?

Thanks,

chris

• Chris,

Where and how are you creating the global variables, and where and how are you changing them?

Jennifer

• Hi Chris,

Firstly, are the two date functions in a SQL or OLEDB compliant DB? If so, then you could use a SQL (execute) task to run the storedprocedure(s) and return the value to a selected global variable. Then use this global variable however you want to (e.g. in a dynamic properties task, to then set another tasks property, say the filename of a text file input/output).

HTH,

Steve.

Steve.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply