Getting Started with Azure Data Studio

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Getting Started with Azure Data Studio

• A splendid article as always, Steve....
    Would it be worth saying that you can also get Azure Data Studio  from Chocolatey?
    choco install azure-data-studio -y
    This means that you can update it when you update all your other chocolatey-based software using 
    CUP all -y

Best wishes,
    Phil Factor

• Thanks for the write-up Steve, good as always.
    Just a thought, still getting at least 10% difference in execution times between SSMS and ADS, not display time but the actual execution time using the same on-server harness, do you know of anyone that has looked into that issue?
    😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson - Monday, March 4, 2019 8:52 AM

Thanks for the write-up Steve, good as always.
    Just a thought, still getting at least 10% difference in execution times between SSMS and ADS, not display time but the actual execution time using the same on-server harness, do you know of anyone that has looked into that issue?
    😎

I've noticed the same behavior, but have not had the opportunity to dig into it.

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Phil Factor - Monday, March 4, 2019 8:41 AM

A splendid article as always, Steve....
    Would it be worth saying that you can also get Azure Data Studio  from Chocolatey?
    choco install azure-data-studio -y
    This means that you can update it when you update all your other chocolatey-based software using 
    CUP all -y

Didn't know that. Should have checked, but a good thin to keep in mind.

• Michael L John - Monday, March 4, 2019 10:25 AM

Eirikur Eiriksson - Monday, March 4, 2019 8:52 AM

Thanks for the write-up Steve, good as always.
    😎

I've noticed the same behavior, but have not had the opportunity to dig into it.

Hadn't heard that, nor noticed it but I'll check.

• Any chance getting documentation on connecting to an existing TFS TFVC repository for source control?

• I'll look at source control in a later article.

• Hi Steve, when I run a query in SQL operation studio on a linux machine, I don't get the 3 tabs (results, top operations.....). Which extension should be setup? Thanks in advance

• Good question. I need to set up a new Linux machine here for something else, so I'll test. Right now all my Linux servers are RHEL, no GUI.

• OK, great, looking forward for your feedback. Mine is a Ubuntu16 VM

• Marzipan - Wednesday, March 6, 2019 12:27 PM

Any chance getting documentation on connecting to an existing TFS TFVC repository for source control?

I'd like to echo Marzipan's request. I'm working on a big T-SQL script which I'd like to have in our source control. We use TFVC.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply