getting multivalue from a function

• I have Changed my query to avoid cross apply because of the efficiency and I want my query to be like this:

select ... from #The Huge Query#

left join (select top 1 PurposeTrans.POIDescription ,PurposeTrans.POIid ,

ReqTrans.RequestCode, ReqTrans.RequestNo,

ReqTrans.CreateDate ,reqDocListTrans.DoclistID , reqDocListTrans.DocRevID

from DMSRequestDocListTbl reqDocListTrans

inner join DMSRequestTbl ReqTrans on reqDocListTrans.RequestCode = ReqTrans.RequestCode

and ReqTrans.RequestTypeID in ( 3 ,6)

inner join DMSPurposeOfIssueTbl PurposeTrans on reqDocListTrans.POIid = PurposeTrans.POIid

where reqDocListTrans.DocRevID = DocRevTbl.DocRevID

order by ReqTrans.RequestCode desc) Trans on Trans.DocRevID = DocRevTbl.DocRevID

The problem is " It cant Define the DocRevTbl.DocRevID which is define in The Huge Query...what should I do? ๐Ÿ™ any Idea?

Best Regards,
    Ashkan

• ashkan siroos (11/29/2011)

I have Changed my query to avoid cross apply because of the efficiency ...

CROSS/OUTER APPLY can be surprisingly efficient - read the excellent articles written by Paul White, linked in my sig.

โ€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.โ€ - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply