getting error when passing variables in execute sql task using ADO.NET

• No apology needed - you were very polite and not at all rude.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Kari -

Your using the expression to build the statement helped me with a problem I was having (http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic921028-148-1.aspx#bm921153). I've bypassed the parameter mapping tab all together and building the SQL in the expression, building the EXEC with the variable values.

Yay.

• can you please explain me ,how did you solve that pblm?

because, rightnow iam facing same problem.

• [p]Hi srichaitya,

what error you are getting? what is your scenario? [/p]

KSB
    -----------------------------
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

• the following error is getting :

[Execute SQL Task] Error: Executing the query "dbo.sp_capture" failed with the following error: "Invalid object name 'dbo.capture_Tracking'.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

even iam passing foe the storedprocedure with ado.net connection and passing 2parameters and used parameter mapping as a input.

so ,when i execute the task.getting the above error

• [p]What I understood is, You are passing 2 parameters to a stored procedure using parameter mapping.[/p][p]First check whether the table "dbo.capture_Tracking" is available or not. I suspect this table.[/p][p]Instead of passing parameters by using parameter mapping tab, you can use Expressions tab. For that you need to define two variable in Variables window using appropriate data type. Then open Expression Builder in Expressions tab build query just like @[User::sp] + @[User::source] +", "+ @[User::status] and run.[/p]

KSB
    -----------------------------
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Knowledge and happiness never decreases by being shared.” - Buddha

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply