get the growth rate details of the databases

• Hi,

Is there any method to get the growth rate details of the databases

Please let me know i fyou have some idea

Regards,

Shine

• Personally I have scheduled job on each server I administer which records daily statics for database & tables (stats, fragmentation, size, etc). I can then report on these daily stats over time to plot growth, etc. I know this information is not recorded in SQL00, or 05 - unsure about 08?

So I would say either capture your stats on some frequency, or start restoring old backups and capturing past values, but I beleive this is a proactive task rather than reactive.

HTH

Dan

• Refer following link of SQL Server Central.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/Maintenance+and+Management/31929/

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• hi,

what i want to get the details of growth rate is from Jan -07 to Dec -07

is there any method to find out

Regards,

Shine

• Have you recorded the growth of the database anywhere? If no you won't get it except check the size of the database backup on Jan 07 and Dec 07 and find the difference in backup size. This will give you the growth of the database.

---------------------------------------------------
    "Thare are only 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

• Hi,

I have not noted on Jan-07,Is there any where in system files it will be stored,

i can able to get the detail about the creation date,from the creation date to

current date any way we can find out how much growth on every month

Thanks

Shine

• There is no repositry for this information, either restore backups to capture it, or start collecting from today!

• Dan Owen (1/10/2008)

Personally I have scheduled job on each server I administer which records daily statics for database & tables (stats, fragmentation, size, etc). I can then report on these daily stats over time to plot growth, etc. I know this information is not recorded in SQL00, or 05 - unsure about 08?

So I would say either capture your stats on some frequency, or start restoring old backups and capturing past values, but I beleive this is a proactive task rather than reactive.

HTH

Dan

In 2005 right-click on a database and goto Reports, Standard Reports, Disk Usage. It will give you a history of Data/Log Files Autogrow/Autoshrink events and your disk usage is given to you in pie graph format. You should also check out all the other built in reports that come with it, they're quite nice.

=============================================================
    /* Backups are worthless, Restores are priceless */

Get your learn on at SQL University!
    Follow me on Twitter | Connect on LinkedIn
    My blog: http://sqlchicken.com
    My book: Pro Server 2008 Policy-Based Management

• I use a 3rd party tool by Idera called SQL Diagnostic Manager. Like Dan Owen noted, you need to have a repository to pull from or tap the backups to see the data. To answer your question though, SQLdm makes it extremely ez to view database or table growth rates using the repository it creates. I'm new using it, but so far so good...

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply