Get SSMS 2008 Keyboard mappings?

• Argh! This is driving me nuts! Does anyone know how to turn off all of this Corod nonsense and reset the keyboard mapping in SSMS back to 2008 or anything sane?

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• Have you tried using SSMS 2008 to connect to your 2012 databases? I think that may solve your problem.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I could, but I really want to use the new one. Plus, as a consultant, sometime I will *have* to use it, so I'd really like to be able to control it. ... 🙁

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    [/font]

• The defaults for the 2012 install should be for traditional. If not, go to Tools, Options, Keyboard & change it to the default. That's one fight with the development team that we won.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (5/17/2012)

The defaults for the 2012 install should be for traditional. If not, go to Tools, Options, Keyboard & change it to the default. That's one fight with the development team that we won.

OMG Grant, THANK-YOU!!! :w00t:

I had looked at that before, but I had foolishly assumed that "(default)" and "Visual Studio 2010" (the pre-set default) were the same thing. Gawd, this is SO much better now!! 😀

Thanks again.

(PS: Love the doo, I can never get my hair to stand up in the middle like that. Or all shiny. Or blue...)

[/font]

• RBarryYoung (5/17/2012)

Grant Fritchey (5/17/2012)

The defaults for the 2012 install should be for traditional. If not, go to Tools, Options, Keyboard & change it to the default. That's one fight with the development team that we won.

OMG Grant, THANK-YOU!!! :w00t:

I had looked at that before, but I had foolishly assumed that "(default)" and "Visual Studio 2010" (the pre-set default) were the same thing. Gawd, this is SO much better now!! 😀

Thanks again.

(PS: Love the doo, I can never get my hair to stand up in the middle like that. Or all shiny. Or blue...)

You got me laughing good & hard here. Thank you!

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Heh, glad I could help, Grant. 🙂

[/font]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply