Get Record Count for each table in a database.

• Jeffrey Williams (8/10/2008)

Well, according to BOL - no, you don't have to update usage.

Hmm, yeah I see where it says that Jeff. I may be wrong here, when I wrote my view (about 2-3 years ago) I was still working on both 2000 & 2005 most days and I remember having accuracy problems that ultimately caused my to add DBCC UpdateUsage periodically. But it may have been only happening on SQL 2000.

[font="Times New Roman"]-- RBarryYoung[/font], [font="Times New Roman"] (302)375-0451[/font] blog: MovingSQL.com, Twitter: @RBarryYoung[font="Arial Black"]
    Proactive Performance Solutions, Inc.
    [/font]
    [font="Verdana"] "Performance is our middle name."[/font]

• rbarryyoung (8/10/2008)

Hmm, yeah I see where it says that Jeff. I may be wrong here, when I wrote my view (about 2-3 years ago) I was still working on both 2000 & 2005 most days and I remember having accuracy problems that ultimately caused my to add DBCC UpdateUsage periodically. But it may have been only happening on SQL 2000.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to update usage as long as you have the time. The important thing about any of these techniques (yours, mine and Jeff's) are that they are not cursor based and return the desired results.

Jeffrey Williams
    “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.”

― Charles R. Swindoll

How to post questions to get better answers faster
    Managing Transaction Logs

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply