Get record count for a specific database

• James_DBA (2/10/2009)

Thank you for the compliment.

It absolutely is wonderful to see the row count for each table, the purpose behind the final (total) count is very useful in cases of replication and/or migrating of databases to new servers. Some cases I've found myself replicating a database with 1,000s of tables in it and reviewing each record count per table is a very daunting task.

In my case, am setting up a semi-perm table with the output of the query so I can check data growth on a weekly basis. Have been surprised to find one of the DWH tables grew by 750,000 rows in the past 4 days...

Many thanks for reposting very useful code, and for acknowledging the original contribution as you did - big thumbs up to both of you and this miraculously useful forum.

--Code modified from original posting on SQLServerCentral.Com

--URL: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/Miscellaneous/30324/

• COMPUTE is depreciated. You can use ROLLUP or GROUP BY

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HTH !
    Kin
    MCTS : 2005, 2008
    Active SQL Server Community Contributor 🙂

• COMPUTE is depreciated. You can use ROLLUP or GROUP BY

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    HTH !
    Kin
    MCTS : 2005, 2008
    Active SQL Server Community Contributor 🙂

• COMPUTE isn't supported in SQL 2012, just FYI... 😀

[font="Courier New"]____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Remember as you walk down lifes road, don't forget to stop and pee on the bushes - Thordog
    [/font]

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply