Get notified for any new Azure SQL db creation in subscription

• Hi All,

Is there a way to get notified if someone creates a new Azure SQL db in a particular subscription?

Thanks.

• I have not implemented this, but I believe what you're looking for is covered in the Activity Logs. If you were only monitoring a given "server" within Azure, you could use Extended Events to capture database events like, CREATE, DROP, etc. But that would have to be set up on each server AND no new servers could be created or it just wouldn't be there. That's why I lean more towards going outside of SQL Server for the answers here.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Thanks Grant. I am actually looking for getting notified for "any" new database get created in our subscription. For now as a workaround, we have restricted permission for only authorized people to create Azure SQL database in subscription. But it will be nice to have a way to know if someone create a database in subscription.

• I'd look into the Activity Logs then. That's going to be the best bet from what I can see.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply