Generate two-dimensional QR Code® bar codes in an SSRS report

• Windows phone and iPhone

• Hi Stan,

was following your great step-by-step.

I admit I skipped hte compiling when I saw you'd attached some predone ones (mostly because hte install for Studio is still now going on).

I had a problem with 'Add references to the "System.Drawing" and "System.Windows.Forms" assemblies from the ".NET" tab of the "Add Reference" window. '.

I don`t see a .NET tab in the SSRS Reference dialog.. but I finally just went hunting and added those 2 .dll from here (c:\windows\microsoft .NET\framework\...) which got System.Drawing, Version=2.0.0.0 and System.Windows.Forms, Version=2.0.0.0 added.

I thought I was home free.. but when I hit Preview, I got:

Error while loading code module: ‘CreateQRCodeReturnByteArray, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=64807c980cf7c534’. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'CreateQRCodeReturnByteArray, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=64807c980cf7c534' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I was hoping you could help me?

HS

• It sounds to me as if you have not successfully added the DLLs to the GAC (Global Assembly Cache). Just a guess.

You might try adding them using this GUI utility:

https://wingac.codeplex.com

• ok, went through the dll creation process step by step, including gac deploy.

still arguing. drat.

for adding the drawing and windows.forms to SSRS, I used the files from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727, correct?

and took Csharp and NET.http out of the reference list for all 3 projects (if present).

even tried a gac on hte 2.0 files for drawing and forms.

• I wrote this a while back and don't remember everything, but I was careful to make it very thorough.

Have you tried doing the entire thing step-by-step?

• 4 times.

alright, thanks for responding, anyway.

• I will try it myself this weekend and get back with you.

• good luck and thanks.

• Been a little while since any activity here...

This article just appeared (again?) on SQL Server Central.

The subject is interesting.

FYI, for me, the sample QR code displayed in the screenshots scanned perfectly for me using QR Scanner on an iPhone 6S.

34 characters just doesn't seem like a terribly useful amount of data to be able to pass along. Admittedly I don't have any experience with QR Codes...

But what practical application could you use those 34 characters for?

It's not even a Tweet 😉

Can the amount of data be increased without massive code re-work?

• This is fantastic, thanks.

• jlkrause1 (9/6/2016)

Been a little while since any activity here...

This article just appeared (again?) on SQL Server Central.

The subject is interesting.

FYI, for me, the sample QR code displayed in the screenshots scanned perfectly for me using QR Scanner on an iPhone 6S.

34 characters just doesn't seem like a terribly useful amount of data to be able to pass along. Admittedly I don't have any experience with QR Codes...

But what practical application could you use those 34 characters for?

It's not even a Tweet 😉

Can the amount of data be increased without massive code re-work?

I am pretty sure the reason they republished this was because they figured nobody would be reading much on Labor Day so why waste a new article?

The QR Code library is the limitation. There are a number of open source QR Code libraries out there, but this is the only one I could figure out how to make work, and it is a very limited library as you have noted. The guts of how to do QR Code in SSRS is here, though.

If you can figure out how to use one of the more robust libraries let me know how you did it and I will write a new article!

https://www.google.com/search?q=open+source+QR+COde+library&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=

• Dear Stan,

Rigth now i have been asked a task to generate QR code in Report Builder 3.0. And your article seems to be the richest regarding information that i found, after a lot of research.

Nevertheless i get lost sometimes.

Abour the Zip file, below the document. Does it contain all tools you previously explained?.

Where is the Windows form then? that we have to ad in references in Report builder.

Thanks alot

• If you follow the article step-by-step it has the code to be pasted into the form.

If you can get your hands on Visual Studio 2010 Express you should be able to do it exactly like the article.

• Thanks for the responding.

I was doing it in Visual Studio 2015

• That should work, but everything won't look the same as the article.

I actually recompiled this last month and it worked.

I found this article that has a link to 2010 Express, and the link worked.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3061811/how-to-get-download-link-to-vs2010-express-for-use-in-a-download-manager

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply