Generate login account scripts for a specific database

• For some purposes, I would like to generate a script for all login accounts used for one specific database.

Does anyone have it?

Many thanks in advance.

• See if this article helps.

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/eric_johnson/archive/2008/09/30/scripting-sql-server-logins.aspx

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Thank you so much for your input. The script you mentioned is for all logins. I would like to have logins only for one specific user database.

Could you help?

Thanks.

• i think if you connect to a specific database and run this it might do what you are after:

select 'EXEC sp_help_revlogin ' + name

from sys.database_principals

where type_desc IN ('SQL_USER','WINDOWS_USER')

and principal_id > 4

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Lowell (5/6/2011)

i think if you connect to a specific database and run this it might do what you are after:

select 'EXEC sp_help_revlogin ' + name

from sys.database_principals

where type_desc IN ('SQL_USER','WINDOWS_USER')

and principal_id > 4

And if you know the database in question, you could use a 3-part naming convention here, dbname.sys.database_principals. This is often handy if you're trying to generate the script through PowerShell or the like. It allows you to connect to master and then build all the scripts for all DBs.

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply