Gathering Info

• Mornin',

I'm trying to gather information from each of our servers/dbs. I'm looking to be able to document the users and jobs for each database with the simplest of steps. I'm very much at the start of a DBA career so I'm looking for solutions that will also teach me as I go. Ive already done some info gathering using some of the SPs and the xp_msver. Any further suggestions?

• One thing handy to have is a list of your SQL logins and the associated passwords. There's a puzzle for you!

Andy

• The only SQL login is the sa account everything else is NT authenticated. Although as you mention that puzzle I seem to recollect there being something on this site that tells you how to do that.

Is there any place where I can pull a list of the scheduled jobs in a nice Mangement friendly format.

• USE msdb

EXEC sp_help_job

This should do.

Paul Ibison PhD, MCSD

email: Paul.Ibison@btinternet.com

Paul Ibison
    Paul.Ibison@replicationanswers.com

• Hi Paul,

Bingo. I will have to do some more editing to get schedules but it's a good start. Thanks

David Kelly

• just a thought, but if you want to tailor the results rather than have a predefined recordset, you could save the results of sp_help_job into a temporary table then scroll through the table using a cursor and apply sp_help_jobschedule and sp_help_jobstep. Likewise these results would be saved to temporary tables and then you could select the data you want from the resulting three temporary tables.

Paul Ibison PhD, MCSD

email: Paul.Ibison@btinternet.com

Paul Ibison
    Paul.Ibison@replicationanswers.com

• I know that a while back SQL Mag had a script to dump jobs including multiple schedules. Maybe worth looking for, for ideas anyway.

Andy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply