Fuzzy Logic

• Hi all,

I have just been reading the article

"Using Fuzzy Lookups for Record Linkage"

I was wondering if it were possible to sort out an issue we have.

What we have a is a database with 6 main tables.  Each year a client is still with us for a certain product (6 products, 6 tables) they get another entry (storing name address etc).

What we would like to do is combine these people into a customers list - so that we have a customer, followed by what products they have.  What we would need to do is use some Fuzzy style logic, to see where there are multiple entries that are alike.

Is it possible to do this with the same idea?

Dan

• The fuzzy logic tasks should be able to help you achieve your requirement.  Prob best to look over BOL and maybe the samples but from memory there is one that will help you generate the condensed lookup list (say of Customers)[fuzzy grouping?] and the other to do the lookup on that list.  If you already had the customer list, you'd obviously only have to do the fuzzy lookup but if you need to generate that list, you'll want the fuxxy grouping.

Steve.

• hmm good question. My knee jerk reaction would be to union the tables together (probably make a view) and do a fuzzy grouping to find the grouping of common customers.(http://www.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bnordberg/3062.asp&nbsp.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply