Full-Text / Noise Word

• Hi guys,

I'm trying to convince SQL 2005 to do a full-text search for "Re/Max". The problem, from what I can tell is the "re" part. It seems that "re" is considered a noise word and I can't seem to convince SQL 2005 not to consider it a noise word. I've removed the word from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\FTData\noiseNEU.txt" (the column is set for "Neutral" as the Language Word Breaker). After I edited the file I tried restarting the service and rebuilding the index but nothing seems to make a difference. The query itself is pretty simple (I made it simple for this post); something like:

SELECT

* FROM ContainsTable(MyTable, (MyColumn), 're/max')

This doesn't return anything for "re", "re/max", or "re/" but it does work for "max", "/max", or "max/" (obviously the slash doesn't seem to make a difference, which is OK).

So, any ideas on what I need to do to configure SQL 2005 (running on Window 2003) to quit considering "re" as a noise word?

Thanks.

• I believe I've found the answer. It appears that beside a restart of the SQL service(s) I have to disable the fulltext index on the table and then re-enable it.

ALTER FULLTEXT INDEX ON [dbo].[MyTable] DISABLE

GO

ALTER FULLTEXT INDEX ON [dbo].[MyTable] ENABLE

GO

Just right-clicking on the catalog name under Database-DatabaseName-Storage-Full Text Catalogs from SSMS and selecting "Rebuild" doesn't seem to do the trick.

• Hi Peter,

Please provide sequence of steps for it

Thanks

Rushme

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply