Full Text Indexing configuration issue

• Hi all,

I have a database with full text indexing enabled. Restored the db from server A to server B. I used the restore database t-sql command and moved the full text files to the corressponding FTDATA location on server B.

The restore complete, but gave me a warning as follows

Warning: Wordbreaker, filter, or protocol handler used by catalog 'my_catalog_name' does not exist on this instance. Use sp_help_fulltext_catalog_components and sp_help_fulltext_system_components check for mismatching components. Rebuild catalog is recommended.

Warning: Wordbreaker, filter, or protocol handler used by catalog 'my_catalog_name' does not exist on this instance. Use sp_help_fulltext_catalog_components and sp_help_fulltext_system_components check for mismatching components. Rebuild catalog is recommended.

running the stored procedure sp_help_fulltext_system_components on the full text enabled database returns no results on server B, however, gives me 4 rows in Server A

Config Testing

I check and compare the following results on both servers

1.) Full Text Indexing is installed and running on Server B

2.) select * from sys.fulltext_document_types (the result is exactly the same for both servers)

3.) sp_help_fulltext_system_components 'all' (the result is exactly the same for both servers)

Question:

So how do I go about configuring the full text components for the database on server B?

Not finding concrete answers on the web or books online. Probably not searching for the right terms. Thanks in advance

Anand

• During the backup/restore process looks like somewhere the Full Text Index got broke. Did you try dropping and recreating the FTE on the restored database?

You may find this article useful while backing up and restoring Full Text Indexes.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Hi,

Thanks for the fast response. I am not experienced with full text engine. So I am not sure how I would go about doing so. When I restored the database, I did the entire process from t-sql and made sure I restored the full text data as well.

restore database...

with move 'catalog name' to 'ftdata\catalog file name'

So how can I go about dropping and re-creating the index on the table?

• You can drop and recreate the Full Text Index in SSMS as seen in this screenshot.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply