front-end tools in SQL Server????

• Does anyone know whether there is front-end tool in SQL Server would allow us to build easy front-end, like FORM in ORACLE?

Thank you in advance.

• About the easiest but most painfully poor way to do this is Access using linked tables.Other than that, I know of nothing right off.

"Don't roll your eyes at me. I will tape them in place." (Teacher on Boston Public)

• Depends on your definition of 'easy'.

Access front-ends can be unbelievably cumbersome and uncontrollable.

VB using the ado datacontrol and bound data-controls is pretty straightforward, doesn't carry the MSACCESS baggage and, to my experience, is far more controllable.

I have found it is possible to please all of the people all of the time if you do exactly what they want. Harold Macmillan 1961

• Access is good enough for quick and dirty forms.

Andy

• I don't think there is much to choose from between the 2 if you just want an easy way to enter a bit of data, maybe access has the edge, however, if your looking at building forms to distribute to others to use I would go with VB as it allows much better deployment, although I think the most flexible solution is to do it through a web front end and use something like interdev or dreamweaver. Then you don't have to distribute the forms at all. This does require a little more work tho. Depends on your requirements I supose.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply