Freeware Client Utility for SQL Server 2000?

• Hi

I need a freeware client utility for DMO operations to connect to a SQL Server (2000). Any suggestions?

Regards

Sridhar J

• Try SQL Buddy which is like Query Analyzer but released as open source (see http://sqlbuddy.sourceforge.net/about.shtml)

Edited by - fhanlon on 12/04/2003 10:37:55 AM

Francis

• Why do you need a freeware anyway. All the MS tools such as EM, QA, etc. can be used by anyone who has a connection license. If you do use a freeware, you still need a connection license.

What's the business problem you're trying to solve?

What's the business problem you're trying to solve?

• Hi

There is a SQL Server instance running on a server. MS gives ten licenses for a client utility to connect from other machines to this server. We need more than 10 licenses.

In essence, I need a utility on my machine to connect to the server. I should be able to issue SQL commands to the server through this utility.

Regards

Sridhar J

• As described it would appear you are still violating the license. The license is to allow you to connect. If you connect without the Microsoft software but with something else, you still connect.

If you plan to do so without a license, just use Query Analyzer anyway, you are no MORE in violation.

Edited by - Ferguson on 12/08/2003 06:49:25 AM

• Hi

From what you have said, it appears that we are stuck. BTW, Can we use Query Analyzer remotely?

Regards

Sridhar

• Sure. It doesn't matter what machine Query Analyzer (or Enterprise Manager) is on, so long as there is suitable network connectivity.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply