Fourm Posting Reply notifications

• A week or so ago, you included a link to the article The Many Uses of Coalesce in SQL Server (KenSimmons in Tip Discussions) posted on mssqltips.com. I posted a comment, and was delighted to see that the mssqltyips strategy for reply notifications was to send an email including the new post, not just a link to the thread that had been updated.

It saves the step (and delay) of following the link to see the new post. (If there is a disadvantage to this strategy, it is, I think, that the original link would need to be followed in order to post another followup.)

But it struck me as being more efficient, and might be a strategy that SQLServer.com could consider.

Thanks!

• Jim,

thanks and we've considered it, but part of what we want to do is build the site up. We could include the next post, but that's more bandwidth (we burn a lot already) and we might really then need to include some advertisement as well since the traffic on the site would drop considerably.

We really want to provide information, but have to balance that as a business.

Steve

• Be careful what you wish for. The "the traffic on the site" (or perhaps some other cause) made me wait for 5:14.4 (mins:secs) to follow the link from the last "New Post" link I just got from a "notifications@sqlservercentral.com" email.

When I linked earlier to your response, the wait was also obscene (although I didn't have my IPhone's stopwatch out.)

(In fairness, following the link back a second time for your post, so I could reply here, was reasonable.)

Something else going on today??

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply