ForEach Loop shows Success before Completing all loops

• I have an SSIS package I set up years ago and it always ran fine until recently.   There is a ForEach Loop Container.  Each loop runs a stored procedure (the stored procedure creates synonyms to point to a database), then loads a table from the data in that database.  I have a lot of these set up and they all work fine except the one, as of recently.  There should be 20 loops.  The first time I run it, it loops 3 times and then shows Success.  The second time it loops through 7 times and then shows Success.  The third time, 11 times.  The fourth time, 15 times.  The fifth time, 19 times.  The sixth time, all 20 times.  It does the same thing every time.  So I have to run it six times in order for it to complete all the loops.  Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

• krys wrote:

Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?

not without more information. If a ForEach Container is only looping 3 times, that means that there was only 3 items in the dataset it looped on, or you have something causing the loop to exit. We have no details on anything here, and no way to replicate the problem. I suggest putting a break point in your package, stepping through it, and inspecting the values of you variables, etc. otherwise you'll really need to give us a lot more detail and a way to replicate the behaviour.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply