Folder Permissions for SSIS file system tasks

• After creating and testing a SQL Server 2005 SSIS package, it fails on a file rename task when run by agent with the message:

"Access to the path is denied."

The package is executed by SQL Agent on a DB server.

The package is looking at another server file share. If file found in path, package continues else stops. If package continues, data is loaded from a downloaded text file, and then the file is renamed as "processed". All works fine in BIStudio. The first few steps are executing so the "if file found" is also confirmed to be working.

The share has been checked for admin accounts / full control. The folder was checked for admin accounts / full control. Both are okay but agent job still fails on that access denied issue.

The share and the folder then were changed to give "everyone" full control but the problem persists.

What am I missing?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• After looking into all the permssions, I checked again my entry on the rename file task (exsiting files with over-write = true). Then I realized I should check again my connections. The first file was not set as "existing file" in error on the connection. That seems to have solved this error. Sorry if you took time on it.

P

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply