Flexible Work Policies are Preferred

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Flexible Work Policies are Preferred

• I'm on a hybrid remote/office schedule. Two days at the office, 3 days at home.

This is a nice balance because part of my work involves setting up hardware as well as stuff that can be handled remotely. So hybrid works nicely for me.

• I'm also on a hybrid schedule, 3 days at home and 2 in office per week. One of those days in office is a team day where my entire team goes into office, we go for coffee/lunch, play some table tennis and have any in-person meetings, its more of a team building day. The other day is a floating day. This arrangement I find works wonderfully.

• I'm also hybrid, Tuesday and Thursday in the office and the others at home.  Seems to work well, though I still feel annoyed if I have to go into the office on days I don't have any meetings.

[font="Tahoma"]Personal blog relating fishing to database administration:[/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"]https://davegugg.wordpress.com[/url]/[/font]

• I work for an agency where we were all told to return to the office early this year. No reason given. It certainly isn't' because there's meetings, I need to be personally involved in. All meetings are done on MS Teams. I never meet with customers, that's all handled through Teams or email. I do live in a state, in the US, where the vast majority of businesses have managers who adamantly oppose WHF or hybrid. Regardless of what the evidence shows.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

• Work at a company that does not offer any remote work but tries to make up for it by offing a 4.5 (36 hour) work week for its employees. It does a little to salve the wound of no remote work but we still lose people to companies that offer more flexibility.

• I'm 100% remote.  My company is located 450 miles away.

I go into the office when there are things like parties, golf outings, and such.

There is definitely a "hole" being 100% remote at times, especially when there is an issue.  Having the ability to gather in a cube is missed at times.

Plus my bad jokes are not that funny in Teams or email.  Not that they are that funny in person, but hey, you'll have that.

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply