Flat File Source - only 500 records?

• Hi

I have a comma delimited flat file of 1000 records (the delimiter is /&^$%@ as the columns are free text). However SSIS only seems to import 500 of them.

Is there a setting or some issue that I might not be aware of?

• There is no setting I'm aware of that would cause this. Could be an some kind of special character in the data that is signalling an end of file.

• All sorted, it was carriage return/line feed weirdness :blush:

• Cowboy DBA,

How did you determine what the issue was.

I ask because I am having the same issue.

Thanks

GF

• In essence I checked the flat file source and previewed the data. I saw that for some reason the odd numbered rows (i.e. rows 1,3,5,7,9 etc) seemed to be ignoring the carriage return/line feed. This meant that rows 2,4,6,8,10 etc were getting pivoted on the same row as the odd numbered row. This gave rise to there being only half the rows being passed through the dataflow.

There was no errors because I set the dataflow to only pass through specific rows into the database e.g. Name, DoB, Street, Town, City etc As the even numbered rows were being inserted into "Column 1", "Column 2" etc they were being ignored and no errors being reported.

The CSV I use is produced from an Excel spreadsheet via a .NET script task. I've managed to make the script task a bit smarter and so far it appears to do what I want i.e. enforce CRLF so that I don't get the even numbered rows being "pivoted" on the extra columns.

Hope that makes sense 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply