Fix/Unistall R Services (In Database)

• I've a client who installed R Services (in database) without ensuring all the pre-requisites (8dot3 naming enabled on the e: drive :angry: ) were in place with the result that it's not working. We now need to uninstall and re-install it to get it working. Everything I've found so far covers uninstalling a pre-release version of R Services using the RegisterRExt.exe utility, but this utility doesn't exist on the server, and neither does the "script folder" referenced.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt653951.aspx

I've tried doing a repair from the Install Media, but this fails because the original install is flawed. Installed programs also doesn't have a record of the feature, so we can't even uninstall it from there. At the moment we are looking at doing a full uninstall of SQL Server and staring from scratch.

Has anyone needed to uninstall or fix the RTM release of R Services, or know of a web page that covers this? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Leo

Nothing is ever so complicated that with a little work it can be made more complicated.

Leo
    Nothing in life is ever so complicated that with a little work it can't be made more complicated.

• Nice Information.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply