Fixing Poor Programming Practices

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor wrote:

One thing, Rod, to think about is complaints or concerns about tech not being ready could be true. They could also be fear that if we stop using VS2013, I'll be replaced because I don't know GH Actions.

Some people don't want to learn, some are afraid of learning.

A very large issue at my current position, and just as bad, the learning that is done about something new is never enough.

There are a couple groups who, unfortunately, are going to be ordered to change the technology they are using. They have avoided learning, or even trying out, the "new stuff".

We have undertaken some significant (re: expensive) initiatives.  Before I got here, the methodology chosen to implement this was cookie-cutter techniques that came from a couple MS Learn docs.  There was little deeper dives into what worked, and what didn't.  When I have said "there's a better way to do this", the response from a few folks was "this is what MS said to do".  I have been able to change some attitudes and increase the understanding, and the bosses are 100% in our corner.

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Excellent, Michael!!

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply