Find the creation date of the column

• Hi All,

Any one have a clue to find the creation date of the new column.

For example.

I have the table Employee.

In this there are few columns present in the table.

Empid,EmpName,Age.

Someone has added the column called gender.

I need to know when(date) this gender was added.

Thanks,

Karthik

• I don't know of a way to do that in SQL Server itself. Might be one, but I don't know of one.

If you have a log parser, you should be able to get the data from there, assuming your database is in full recovery mode.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• You can have a look at 'Schema Changes History' Report for that database using SSMS.

from this you should be able to see when the last schema change was for your table and who made it.

• steveb (8/11/2008)

You can have a look at 'Schema Changes History' Report for that database using SSMS.

from this you should be able to see when the last schema change was for your table and who made it.

This report actually gets its data from a default trace that sql server 2005 has running on install, so you could also use the fn_trace_gettable to query that yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply