Find dialog box too small

• Hi,
        does anybody  know how to change the size of this dialogo box?

It's really too small and I couldn't find where to change its size.
          Thanks in advance.

• Best you can do is to increase the size of fonts in the application.   That may force that dialog box to be larger...  but no guarantees....

Steve (aka sgmunson) 🙂 🙂 🙂
    Rent Servers for Income (picks and shovels strategy)

• No, already tried, it didn't work. 🙁

• Mauricio_ - Tuesday, April 24, 2018 6:39 AM

No, already tried, it didn't work. 🙁

Figured that was likely...  another alternative, but not exactly desirable... reduce the resolution you are using on that monitor...

• I tried another approach. I've imported a previous settings and the window is normal again. Then, I imported the black theme and it keeps, more or less, its size. Actually it depends of your font size, in order to see the dialog you need to increase too much your font size (and I don't like it). I was expecting to be able to change the text editor size without affecting the find dialog window but it seems impossible.
    Thanks for your help.

• Mauricio_ - Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:06 AM

I tried another approach. I've imported a previous settings and the window is normal again. Then, I imported the black theme and it keeps, more or less, its size. Actually it depends of your font size, in order to see the dialog you need to increase too much your font size (and I don't like it). I was expecting to be able to change the text editor size without affecting the find dialog window but it seems impossible.
    Thanks for your help.

Yeah, there are some things MS could really do a LOT better...

• Here's the fix I used. Seems to work well.

Partly joking of course. Partly.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Use your mouse? There's a symbol in the bottom left hand corner of it so you can increase the size:

So you can do:

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Yes, you can increase the size, but only in one direction. Fonts keep small for my eyes 🙂

• Hmm, perhaps the issue isn't SSMS, but that you need to scaling size on your display? I imagine that if you're struggling with the dialogue windows in SSMS you are in other applications too?

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• I could fix the issue, changing the font size of SSMS. Maybe not the best solution but it worked.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply