filter persist - not

• I set up filters on my tables and views stored procedures what not. Next time I fire up Management Studio they are gone. I did some research on the internet and this lack of persistence is a feature not a bug. I looked around and found a third party product that makes filters persist: SQL Treeo. From the get-go this company makes a bad impression on me. They make it a point not to disclose price before installing or buying. Their website has a button which will tell you their price once you enter a hardware key. Who do they think we are a bunch of monkeys and morons? I am a little peeved at Microsoft as well. With hundreds sometimes thousands of tables views and stored procedures being created at some of these companies I have worked for I cannot believe they would not allow for filters which persist after restart.

Am I the only one feeling this pain or are there others in the same boat as well?

• Strange, I sent to http://www.sqltreeo.com/wp/ and was shown prices for month, year and lifetime before entering anything. The prices were in Euro, maybe because they know I am accessing through a European IP. Let me know if you do want the prices but I didn't see anything shady. They also have bulk discount info, all without entering any key.

• So I have these web designers work next to me. One of them figured it out.

I stumbled on this software on the internet. Somebody was grumbling about "the price" being too high. So I dared not push the "download" button. I do not want some software installed on my machine until I know what I am getting myself into money wise. Silly stupid me. I thought download meant download. In this case download means here's the price.

Just to make sure I wasn't the retard I asked the designers to tell me the price. They said "their website doesn't make sense". Under licenses where you would expect the price to be you have some sort of security login. Under download where you expect a download to occur you have prices.

• Yes,not completely clear but I guess "download" because the do have a trial from what I remember. So IMHO not shady but not clear/well planned. And the price seems quite reasonable for what it claims to do. Don't trust the web guys, I used to be one!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply