Fill a table with huge data using SSIS package

• Hi,

Currently, I am using CSV file as input. A data flow task will read this file and fill a table for me.

But generating CSV file is very time consuming activity.

In SSIS, is there any way where I just specify the total rows I want and then some derived column for each iteration and then will able to fill the table out of it.

Please let me know if such solution is feasible.

Thanks in advance

Dheeraj Marwaha

• Yes you can do but i would suggest to test these options before you think for other

1.Pushing data into an indexed table will take much more time than pushing the data into an empty table

and then rebuilding indexes afterwards so

•Drop all indexes on destination table

•Push data (perform ETL operations)

•Create all indexes on destination table

2.Enable Bulk Operations on the SSIS Login :-

This recommendation has to be in synergy with utilizing the fast load data access mode in the Destination component of the SSIS’s Data Flow, which allows SSIS to utilize the BULK INSERT statement.

You can use Table lock if you have other transaction whic are using same table

• Actually, I want a dynamic input generator in SSIS package instead of reading from CSV file.

I need any control for which, I feed necessary inputs and it generate recordset.

• Please define what you mean by 'dynamic input generator'.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• It sounds like you need Redgate's SQL Data Generator.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply