Filestream Filegroups on state RESTORING

• Hello All,

I have a question.

My SQL Servers are running SQL Server 2019 CU23. I have a setup where i have a logship copy of a production database available on a secondary server. This copy is Standby/Read-Only. This database uses FileStream to store BLOB data. There are several filegroups for the FileStream Data. So far so good.

When the log restores on the database take place, i get some messages in the log saying:

"Filegroup XXX in database XXX is unavailable because it is Offline. Restore or alter the filegroup to be available."

When checking the status of the file groups, all the FileStream FileGroups  show status RESTORING. The ROWS Filegroup however is ONLINE.

I can successfully query for data from the database, so it doesn't seem to impact functionality.

Is this normal behaviour for FileStream FileGroups in a standby/read-only database? And if not, is there a way to fix this?

• Thanks for posting your issue and hopefully someone will answer soon.

This is an automated bump to increase visibility of your question.

• Well, I'm still no closer to an resolution for this issue. However, i've identified a second configuration which is displaying the same issue. Same SQL Server version etc.

I'm sure hoping someone has experienced this before and has some pointers on how to fix this.....

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply