"File represented by ... does not exist" -- FTP Task -- Receive -- filename is var containing "*" (wildcard)

• I've got the same package in 2 different environments and it behaves differently on both.

The problem...

The very first step in a package that runs every 15 minutes is an FTP task that receives files from our FTP server. There may be any number of .txt files in there, including NONE, at any given point. I need the step to succeed whether there are files in the folder or not. Currently it succeeds ONLY IF there are files in that folder.

The FTP Task (screenshot attached) references a String variable "User::strFTPAll" for it's remote path. The value of that variable is hardcoded to "/ToProdDB/*.txt"

Whenever there are files in the folder for the step to receive, the step succeeds. When there are no .txt files in the folder, the step fails.

Package is set to "EncryptAllWithPassword". I've tried changing DelayValidation to no avail. The FTP Connection object works fine.

Actual error message: "Error: 0xC0029183 at FTP from mzzzz_org, FTP Task: File represented by "User::strFTPAll" does not exist."

Anybody? I've searched both this site and the "world wide web" for answers and everything seems to be just shy of my situation. PLEASE... has anyone else seen this scenario?

• Greg J (8/16/2010)

I've got the same package in 2 different environments and it behaves differently on both.

The problem...

The very first step in a package that runs every 15 minutes is an FTP task that receives files from our FTP server. There may be any number of .txt files in there, including NONE, at any given point. I need the step to succeed whether there are files in the folder or not. Currently it succeeds ONLY IF there are files in that folder.

The FTP Task (screenshot attached) references a String variable "User::strFTPAll" for it's remote path. The value of that variable is hardcoded to "/ToProdDB/*.txt"

Whenever there are files in the folder for the step to receive, the step succeeds. When there are no .txt files in the folder, the step fails.

Package is set to "EncryptAllWithPassword". I've tried changing DelayValidation to no avail. The FTP Connection object works fine.

Actual error message: "Error: 0xC0029183 at FTP from mzzzz_org, FTP Task: File represented by "User::strFTPAll" does not exist."

Anybody? I've searched both this site and the "world wide web" for answers and everything seems to be just shy of my situation. PLEASE... has anyone else seen this scenario?

Please check the below thread and their solution might help you.

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic499928-148-1.aspx#bm596745

Also if possible, did you try for each loop container to the folder? so that FTP runs only if files available.

[font="Arial"]BASKAR BV
    http://geekswithblogs.net/baskibv/Default.aspx
    In life, as in football, you won’t go far unless you know where the goalposts are.[/font]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply