File groups, Merge Repl and ANSI_NULL Setting

• Hey all

One of the rare times that i ask a question, but i guess it happens to us all!?

Anyway, for performance reasons i want to move the Merge Replication tables in a DB of mine (mainly MSMerge_Tomestone and MSMerge_Contents) to a seperate filegroup ... it's a heavy transactional DB and the index fragamentation rate is quite phenominal, although this doesn't surprise me when the Clustered index is based on a the rowguid!? Nice one Microsoft!?

The issue i've got however, is that when i try to transfer the table i get a warning saying that the current ANSI_PADDING / NULLS state is off in the current table, but will be switched on in the new version of the table!? Not sure why it wants to do this, but clicked the cancel button regardless as these settings potentially affect queries, and not knowing what the replication queries do, switching this state over seemed a little, well, dangerous!

So the actual question is, has anyone ever done this before and is there any adverse effect i need to defend against??

I'm gonna check some other DB's i've got replicating and check the ANSI settings of their Replication tables ... it may be nothing! (what are the odds!???  )

Cheers

Vinny

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• bumping my own posts now!? lol

Anyway, i posted this just before i was on holiday ... so ask again, has anyone run into this before??

Cheers

Vinny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply