Federation_filtering_value

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Federation_filtering_value

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• It does with it says on the tin. πŸ™‚

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• got it right by sheer luck... still have no idea what federations are, since i don't use azure πŸ™‚

• Interesting question. Almost got my Star Trek mixed up with my Star Wars there for a moment - had Empire on the brain! πŸ˜›

I honestly thought it was a "humor" question at first until I saw the possible answers and did some research.

• Or it could be - Returns an error if the call is not well-formed, such as an invalid number of parameters or incorrect parameter type. - since no parameter was passed in.

• Stewart "Arturius" Campbell (10/2/2015)

Interesting question, given that, according to msdn & technet, federated Azure have been retired:

Federations will be retired with Web and Business service tiers in September 2015. (See Web and Business Edition Sunset FAQ.) If you don’t plan to migrate your application off Federations by then, your application will stop working after September 12, 2015.

Clicking that link brings up a page that says "topic not found". They must have updated the page at some point today??

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (10/2/2015)

Stewart "Arturius" Campbell (10/2/2015)

Interesting question, given that, according to msdn & technet, federated Azure have been retired:

Federations will be retired with Web and Business service tiers in September 2015. (See Web and Business Edition Sunset FAQ.) If you don’t plan to migrate your application off Federations by then, your application will stop working after September 12, 2015.

Clicking that link brings up a page that says "topic not found". They must have updated the page at some point today??

Weird. I just followed that link this morning and it worked. Now it's gone. It is about a pricing model they discontinued almost three weeks ago, so I guess they could have cut it off. In fact, a quick search indicates that all MSDN topics on Azure Federations seem to be gone.

For reference, here's a link to Google's cached version of the page:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:eEtJkSAJXZIJ:https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh597455.aspx

That'll probably be gone soon too (don't know exactly how quickly Google crawls Microsoft...)

• A fun question, also somewhat funny given the status of this function :hehe:

One of two pages I looked at described the function and said it would disappear soon, the other said it was no longer available.

Tom

• porter.james (10/2/2015)

got it right by sheer luck... still have no idea what federations are, since i don't use azure πŸ™‚

Same with me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply