Fatal Exception error (SQL server 2012 Enterprise Evaluation Edition)

• I am getting following error in SQL server 2012 enterprise evaluation edition (11.0 RTM).

SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 7648 generated fatal exception c0000005 EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.

Any suggestion?

• Hard to know without a lot more information. That general error type has been around forever. It's not unique to 2012. Do you have other information? Is it happening at a particular time of day, in relation to starting a process, a query, SQL Agent, AlwaysOn?

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• We are doing load testing on this server. Total 2 TB memory. Whenever we start the testing, it throws lots of http500 errors from the web-service:

Fatal Exception error, access violation error.

(SQLState=08001, Native=11)[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]General network error. Check your network documentation.(Source:CConDb::CConDb.SQLDriverConnect)

Consistency check came clean on the database.

• Hmmm.... May be a driver issue on the web server? Hard to know. That looks like an error we used to get in 2008r2 that was related to bad drivers on the app server. I'd probably start using extended events to capture query executions, connections, disconnections, errors & exceptions, that sort of thing. Correlate behaviors with the errors as much as possible. After that, time for a call to MS support.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

• Thanks for your quick response.

Drives are fine. db size is 3.5 TB, 1 TB memory allocated to SQL. I saw few fixes for SQL 2008 but for SQL 2012, i don't think we have any fix/packs.

• No, SQL Server 2012 itself is brand spanking new. It was just released last week. There aren't any updates yet. I'm talking about the client DLLs for connecting to SQL Server 2012. I'm fairly sure those have been updated.

- Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply