FastLoad Session From DataLink Error

• Hello All,

I have several DTS packages that extract data from an Oracle database and uploads those records into a SQL 2000 database. The packages have been working fine upto yesterday. I had some registry problems that affected the functionality of the keyboard/mouse and had to restore the registry from a backup of an earlier version (April 06).

The database files are the same as they were prior to restoring the registry. I didn't have to restore anything other than the registry. Now for some reason when I try to run those packages, I receive the following error:

The provider does not support FastLoad sessions from DataLinks (IDataInitialize). Unspecified error.

Has anyone seen this error before and if so, how did you resolve?

I'm wondering if I need to re-install the service pack since the only thing that is different is the registry and maybe the service pack writes to the registry.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ronnie

• It probably wouldn't hurt to re-run the sp. It's certainly a step I would take.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]The GrumpyOldDBA[/font]
    www.grumpyolddba.co.uk
    http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/grumpyolddba/

• I've re-installed the SP and rebooted and I still got the same error. I have a development server with the same instance running on it. Based on the error, do you think the problem is specific to the instance itself or a SQL Server setting?

The reason I ask is I may have to do a registry comparison of both instances to see what may be different. But should I look at the instance or the OLE hive in the registry?

thanks,

Ronnie

• I wanted to follow-up with the resolution that worked for me.

Basically, I installed the latest MDAC and service pack and rebooted the server. That seemed to have cleared up the error message that I was getting.

Ronnie

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply