Farewell

• Hey Steve,

Good luck with your future endeavors (not that you will need it). Safe travels to SQLBits and I'll probably see you there!

• GilaMonster (5/30/2014)

SQLRNNR (5/29/2014)

Have some fun and enjoy the opportunity.

On the side, will you be back June 14th or July 14th?

If Steve's managed to squeeze a 6 week break into a 2 week period, I really want to know his secret. 🙂

That's kinda what I was hoping for - to find out his secret. 😉

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• crmitchell (5/30/2014)

He's clearly testing Redgate's new temporal compression module for the toolbelt.

How else are we expected to provide solutions yesterday for the tasks we won't get a spec for until tomorrow?

DBCC timewarp?

Learn Extended Events

• paul.goldstraw (5/30/2014)

SQLRNNR (5/29/2014)

He must mean July as SQLBits is July 17th, either that or i'm going to miss the conference i'm booked for by a month 🙂

That's what I was suspecting.:hehe:

Learn Extended Events

• Have a good time off, Steve.

Rod

• Take care my friend, and enjoy your time, we'll miss you and we will be waiting here to welcome you back.

• call.copse (5/30/2014)

6 weeks sounds like a lot - if you were anything like me it might just disappear without you getting anything done, apart from improving Mario Kart skills.

Good luck with the flagpole.

He said June 14th, but I assume he meant July 14th. Either way, posting an editorial with the title "farewell" sounds odd when he's just taking a vacation. That parting expression sounds more like he's out the door to begin a new career at a startup company or something. There are people in my own department who could take two weeks off from work, and I don't even notice. 🙂

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• If you are afraid of taking time away from work (using words like 'nervous' and 'scary'), perhaps you derive too much of your own sense of worth from your job? Just a suggestion.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Thomas Abraham (5/30/2014)

If you are afraid of taking time away from work (using words like 'nervous' and 'scary'), perhaps you derive too much of your own sense of worth from your job? Just a suggestion.

Maybe he's concerned that we'll run wild in the forums while he's gone. 😀

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Instead, seek what they sought." - Matsuo Basho

• kpgrover (5/29/2014)

Steve, do yourself a favor and totally unplug - even if only for a couple of weeks. No side projects, no blogs, etc. I promise you, your brain will thank you! And no, it won't shrivel up.

Best wishes for a great time of R&R!

We'll see. I enjoy writing, so I'll be blogging, but I an looking to try and avoid most technology for a few weeks and just work outside.

• SQLRNNR (5/29/2014)

July, slight slip. I will be at SQL Sat Louisville on Jun 21.

In the UK that week, so not really back FT at the site until Jul 21

• Gary Varga (5/30/2014)

Good luck Steve. I really hope you get out of it something worthwhile whether or not it was what you intended.

PS Are you just a secret soccer fan and just watching the World Cup? (That's football to the rest of us!!!)

Football starts in August

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/den/denver-broncos

• GilaMonster (5/30/2014)

SQLRNNR (5/29/2014)

If Steve's managed to squeeze a 6 week break into a 2 week period, I really want to know his secret. 🙂

Well, I do work quickly at times... 😉

• david.gugg (5/30/2014)

Be sure to spend at least one day doing nothing but fishing!

LOL, it only takes me 2 min to pick out a tuna steak at Safeway.

• Thomas Abraham (5/30/2014)

If you are afraid of taking time away from work (using words like 'nervous' and 'scary'), perhaps you derive too much of your own sense of worth from your job? Just a suggestion.

Quite possibly.

I think it's a bit of concern as this has been my responsibility for a decade. To be fair, I also have struggled with being away from my wife and kids for any length of time. I think I'm just a "routine" person that craves familiarity

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply