Fantasy football 2013

• roryp 96873 (8/5/2013)

Lynn Pettis (8/5/2013)

Okay, I made sure to sign up just now. Been a bit busy with coming to Afghanistan and all.

I think you get a pass for that one. 😉

Well, I figured it wouldn't be right if the two-time champ just suddenly didn't show up to play. :w00t:

• Welcome back, Lynn, glad to see you're able to get online.

I'll check the no-shows today at lunch and send emails accordingly.

Draft day will be on Monday, September 2 at 9am PST. This allows the Surfer and Lynn to participate w/o waking up in the middle of the night and the rest of us to join at our leisure. We're not going to be able to accommodate everyone's schedule but if there's enough push back and consensus, I'll be willing to look at a different time/day. Lynn has won the league since it's inception and has not been at a live draft yet.

Are you ready for some football?!?!?! I certainly am...Steve doesn't think the Steelers are worth much this year, I'm hoping he gets to eat some crow. Hey, a guy can hope, right?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • SQLDCH (8/6/2013)

Welcome back, Lynn, glad to see you're able to get online.

I'll check the no-shows today at lunch and send emails accordingly.

Draft day will be on Monday, September 2 at 9am PST. This allows the Surfer and Lynn to participate w/o waking up in the middle of the night and the rest of us to join at our leisure. We're not going to be able to accommodate everyone's schedule but if there's enough push back and consensus, I'll be willing to look at a different time/day. Lynn has won the league since it's inception and has not been at a live draft yet.

Are you ready for some football?!?!?! I certainly am...Steve doesn't think the Steelers are worth much this year, I'm hoping he gets to eat some crow. Hey, a guy can hope, right?

Actually, I have only won the league the last 2 years, I don't remember who won the first year.

Interesting factoid, the past two years I squeezed into the finals to win 3 games straight to win the league. Just saying that so you all remember "On any given Sunday!"

Looking forward to an interesting season! Can the SQL Bolts make it three in a row!

FYI 9:00 AM Eastern Time is 6:30 PM out here in Afghanistan.

• Monte of the GoBolts has yet to sign up, he's our last spot. I'm unable to re-send the invite as his email address is hidden. Monte, if you're following, please IM me or reply here and I'll get you invited. If you don't respond by next Monday (August 12) I'll give away your spot.

PowerPivotPro (PPP) won the league in year 1, thanks for the reminder, Lynn.

I set the draft date to September 2 at 9am PST. I'll probably limit the amount of time per pick to 45 seconds, so it doesn't take us all day. We'll see...weigh in if you have an opinion.

• I've reached out to Rodders regarding the last spot...if he doesn't respond it's open to the first who does.

If you're considering joining the league, please make sure you can participate on a weekly basis, at least keeping your team updated.

• I'm still interested if you have a space.

-----------------------------------------------
    SQL Server posts at my blog, Grapefruitmoon.Net[/url]

• SQLDCH (8/14/2013)

please make sure you can participate on a weekly basis, at least keeping your team updated.

Participating on a weekly basis did for me, all my trades and free agents backfired. I'm almost tempted to avoid the draft and see if I can emulate Lynn. ALMOST. I like the draft so I'll be there again.

• The league is full and ready to draft. See you all on September 2.

• SQLDCH (8/20/2013)

The league is full and ready to draft. See you all on September 2.

Sweet. Hopefully nobody drafts the Green Bay defense in the first round again this year...

• roryp 96873 (8/20/2013)

SQLDCH (8/20/2013)

The league is full and ready to draft. See you all on September 2.

Sweet. Hopefully nobody drafts the Green Bay defense in the first round again this year...

Man, there goes my strategy! 😀

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• Sept 2, check. Ready and waiting. A whole new strategy this year to try and not sweep up the basement.

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/21/2013)

Sept 2, check. Ready and waiting. A whole new strategy this year to try and not sweep up the basement.

Draft as many Denver Broncos as possible... :hehe:

• roryp 96873 (8/22/2013)

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/21/2013)

Sept 2, check. Ready and waiting. A whole new strategy this year to try and not sweep up the basement.

Draft as many Denver Broncos as possible... :hehe:

You mean the un-injured, un-suspended ones, right?

• Good draft, and good luck to everyone.

• That was fun, as I missed the live draft last year.

Hopefully I haven't made a complete fool of myself!

Rodders...

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 224 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply