Failure Sending Email - SSRS - SMTP Issues - Need Help Please

• Hello Folks,

I have been seeing this issue and i am really not sure how to fix this.

Issue : I have a SSRS report. I want to create a Subscription so that i can schedule it and send it to users. I created a Subscription and tried to send an email to myself. Below is the error i am getting.

Failure sending mail: The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.7.1 Client was not authenticatedMail will not be resent.

I tried to troubleshoot this.

In the respective server, SSRS service and In Configuration Manager, account is running under same account. I checked and all the services are running fine. I am not sure what more to change.

Do i need to change anything in the XML Configuration file. Please do let me know.

Thanks,

SK

• Are you 100% sure that you have entered the correct details within reporting config manager > Email settings > SMTP settings?

• If you're using Exchange, check with your Exchange admin that the sending account has the necessary permissions and/or that SMTP settings (port, authentication & user credentials) are correctly set.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply