Fact Records Not Being Converted to Unknown Members

• I have a dimension dim.MethodInfo. I select from it as a Named Query inside my Data Source View. I select only two rows from the table, out of the 20 rows it has (I do this for a good reason - I want to only have the two rows visible to all users, including admins). So in other words, I have a dimension in the cube that has partial rows being returned on purpose.

Under the dimension properties, I have the following properties:

UnknownMember: Hidden

UnknownMemberName: UNKNOWN

ErrorConfiguration > KeyNotFound: IgnoreError

ErrorConfiguration > NullKeyConvertedToUnknown: IgnoreError

ErrorConfiguration > KeyErrorAction: ConvertToUnknown

The behavior I would expect (and want) when processing the cube is: The processing would come across records that reference a key not in the dimension, and then convert them to Unknown records, and not show them in cube browsing. However, I am encountering the following error:

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The attribute key cannot be found when processing: Table: 'fact_IISLogs', Column: 'MethodID', Value: '41'. The attribute is 'Method'. Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The attribute key was converted to an unknown member because the attribute key was not found. Attribute Method of Dimension: Method from Database: WarehouseCubes, Cube: Data Warehouse, Measure Group: IIS Logs, Partition: IIS Logs, Record: 2. Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The process operation ended because the number of errors encountered during processing reached the defined limit of allowable errors for the operation. Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while processing the 'IIS Logs' partition of the 'IIS Logs' measure group for the 'Data Warehouse' cube from the WarehouseCubes database.

What can be done to have the fact records that don't have a matching dimension key, just be converted to unknown members and not fail cube processing?

• stephenbaka (6/30/2015)

Under the dimension properties, I have the following properties:

UnknownMember: Hidden

UnknownMemberName: UNKNOWN

ErrorConfiguration > KeyNotFound: IgnoreError

ErrorConfiguration > NullKeyConvertedToUnknown: IgnoreError

ErrorConfiguration > KeyErrorAction: ConvertToUnknown

These properties apply only when the dimension itself is processed, not the cube. To change processing options (including unknown members and custom error configuration properties), change the necessary properties by clicking on "Change Settings" in the Process Cube dialog.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply