Expression won't evaluate for property

• I am attempting to parameterize the three properties for checkpoints in a SSDT 2017 SSIS project and keep receiving this error for the CheckpointUsage property:

Error loading: The result of the expression "@[$Project::parCheckpointUsage]" on property cannot be written to the property.

The expression was evaluated, but cannot be set on the property.

2019_11_25_10_49_05_PrjDWStagingLoad_Microsoft_Visual_Studio

I have the data type set as a string and the value of "IfExists".

How do I go about resolving this issue and is there a way I can look up what data types properties use?

Thank you for any help!

• I was able to reproduce this error. Have you had success setting this property by Expression in the past? Perhaps this is a property which cannot be parameterised ...

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I have not tried setting this in the past. I was going off the assumption that since they give me the option to set CheckpointUsage using an expression that it would work. I wouldn't be surprised though if it isn't one that can be set. I just find it odd that it will let me select it when I go into the expressions window.

• I agree with you.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply