Express -- Not accepting remote connection

• Have 2 situations where the support crew can't get the remote computers to connect to new installations of SQL Server Express (2008). This is something they used to do. Of course, they're doing silly things like going to other locations and copying our executables from there...

Let's see.

1. The SQL Server express is accepting SQL logins from its own machine.

2. I checked that TCP/IP is enabled in the Configuration mangler.

3. The server browser is running.

4. I tried just turning off the firewall:crazy:

5. I tried looking at what ports it's using. On the Addresses tab, under IPALL it says blank for TCP Dynamic Ports and 1433 for TCP Port.

I tried asking them what OS the remote computers have and got "they all have professional." "Professional what?" "Um, XP, I think."

I even tried to reproduce the problem here, put SQL Express 2008 on a machine, and it works as usual.

What to tell the support crew to try next?

[font="Arial"]Halfbubble ------------
    You just can't do this stuff unless you're at least half a bubble off center.[/font]

• what is the error you are getting ?

• Situation resolved. Completely unrelated to SQL configuration. :hehe:

Installer will be waterboarded.

You just can't do this stuff unless you're at least half a bubble off center.[/font]

• Installer says it's boneheaded developer. 😛

• Can you let us know what it is? just in case someone else hits this thread.

• He had the name of the server computer wrong.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply